Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New jewelry and style inspirations

        Hey fashion friends!!!, I'm back with another post after what feels like forever ago since I brought you all something new. I have fabulous news, I just finished another piece of jewelry!!! I love it and I know you guys will to (or else lol). This piece goes down in the book for having the longest production time thus far about ten and a half hours, not all in one sitting though, dear god could you imagine? I'd be writing this from a hospital bed due to a terrible case rigamortis. This necklace definitely has more reference points and inspiration than past ones a lot of it coming from my current style influences as well as a lot of imaginary things from the world of K.Michael. I have a crazy obsession for people or things that exude a darker representation of beauty and seduction. I also love natural things that need little to no extra bells and whistles to be beautiful.

        For this piece I chose to use colors of real stones those being; Sapphire, Onyx, and Topaz. I must say these go so well together. Looking at Egyptian jewelry gave me alot of inspiration because the Kings and Queens (specifically Nefertiti in this case) of Ancient Egypt would wear all of these stones and it was beautifully crafted and so elaborate and the colors were gorgeous. Of course I was an Egyptian prince in a past life (or so I like to think) so I have a taste for this kind of jewelry. I have an awesome completely beaded necklace that I found at a thrift-store on one of my many journey's there and I love it and have always wanted to make one like it. For me there is a greater quality in things that are hand made, because if ever two were made there will always be a unique difference in each one and that's the thing I look for in jewelry and strive for when I create my own pieces.

        Also I went out to a club called Axis this past weekend in Columbus, OH and had a blast. I wore an outfit that reflected my style inspirations that I grab from. This necklace would have looked amazing with the outfit had it been done, or even started for that matter lol. I definitely incorporated  my love of black and leather, mysteriousness and seduction as well as the jacket shapes from the SP/SU12 collection of Balmain to create what I felt to be a very chic and edgy look.

NEWEST NECKLACE


 NECKLACE INSPIRATION






OUTFIT INSPIRATION 



          P.S. I came across another menswear designer who was not afraid to take the trends from womenswear and appropriate them into his menswear line, omg I LOVED it! I will spill the beans in the next post.

  -K. Michael

       


No comments:

Post a Comment