Sunday, December 9, 2012

I made it!!!

         All I can say right now is I made it through! lol My first quarter of school is finally over and seriously, thank god. There has been SO much horse shit and drama that I had to go through its ridiculous. From altercations with roommates, unprofessional housing managers, crazy workloads, and almost moving out. The last 10 weeks of my life has definitely been a wild ride but throughout all of that here I am with good grades ready to take on the next two quarters!

      OK so drama aside I have actually done alot of really cool things this past quarter, my fashion styling class was awesome, stressful, but awesome. From the start I was creating inspiration boards, looks for events, going thrift shopping, designing and creating, doing photo shoots, and I even dyed a few things. At one point I got chosen to be a dresser at a fashion show here at a club called Opera. Now I will admit the experience wasn't what I was expecting but all in all I had a good time and I definitely appreciate my professor for admitting that it wasn't exactly organized. The hardest part of this class for me was definitely working in a group, but in the end it turned out great and I definitely learned and started to correct some things about myself.

      I have definitely come across some really cool people that I plan to create bonds with and hopefully even work with at some point. I have a month off of school in which I plan to get on top of using my sewing machine as well as working on some new pieces. I think I am going to go ahead and take advantage of the free sewing tutoring that my school has too. Speaking of jewelry I actually put myself out there and participated in my schools fashion show last week as a vendor, it was so cool I had my own table and everything! Nobody purchased anything but hey there is always a next time and like I said I hope to have some new stuff to show. I can say that people did have very good things to say about my pieces which made me feel good. I have plenty of time to just relax and get ready for January I've decided to take my fashion professor again so I know I am in for a lot of work but  I'm ready for it!

HERE ARE SOME PICS FROM HAPPENINGS THIS QUARTER

-Styling on a DIME$$

 


 
 


-Dressing the show @ Opera





 
 
-Photo Shoot (paper dress and dip dye)
 
 











 






 


 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment