Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lets mix it up!!!

        Hey fashion friends long time no see, I have been on a hiatus I know but for great reasons. I have been just trying to figure out my next move and.......I think I have it kind of figured out, or at least found something to help me navigate to it. As you all know, I design jewelry, well I have decided to play around a little bit with apparel! I have all of these visions and ideas running through my mind that I have to make them come to life because I cant seem to find them anywhere so I can scratch my fashion itch! *sad face*

        The designer that initially inspired these ideas was Marques Almeida, If you all remember I mentioned this label in a previous post (CURRENT INSPIRATIONS) they were the ones that made the cut-out denim pants. So what I have been brainstorming on is how do I take that idea and make it scream K.Michael? Of course I am in LOVE with tribal and ethnic prints, along with some styles that come from punk, grunge, hipster and goth scenes so I am trying to mix that in with the looks I am creating. In the end I want to create a mini "collection" of sorts complete with tops, bottoms, jewelry, and of course scarves to be worn as turbans.

        So far I have three of the pants cut and ready to be detailed I am also working on the shirts that I want to put with them. I want to have about six looks when all is said and done! I am beyond excited to have everything come together and will definitely post pictures. I also plan to sell some of the pieces so an Etsy account will be getting created in the process. So because I don't want to spoil the fun I wont put any pics of the garments until everything is done (hopefully in the coming weeks) however I will show you guys pics of where my ideas are coming from and let you guy's minds run wild ENJOY!!!














K.Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment