Sunday, April 14, 2013

Love is Love

Hey guys! I had to just get on here really quickly and share this with you. As I was looking for images to put into this presentation I'm giving on Monday I came across this article about two men, Tshepo Cameron Modisane and Thoba Calvin Sithole,  who recently got married in KwaDukuza which is a town in  KwaZulu-Natal,  South Africa. What is really amazing to me is they did it in the traditional African way (which was noted to be the first ever) with rituals, sacrifices, and even wearing the attire of the tribes they represent. I found this really inspiring it takes a lot of courage to do this especially in Africa where so many can be legally killed just for someone thinking they are gay. Tshepo (R) was quoted saying;

 "We see no reason to hide in darkness as if there is something to be ashamed about. Our marriage is largely symbolic and a sign that black gay men can commit and build family through a happy and loving marriage".

 The support from their family and friends speaks volumes and I hope they live an amazing life together, oh and did I mention they are both gorgeous!?


Check out the link below to see the ceremony and read the article
Towleroad.com

P.S. I need ALL of the jewelry and fur they are wearing in the video :-)

Follow me!
Twitter: Only1Kmichael
Instagram: 1kmichael

No comments:

Post a Comment