Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mens Fashion Week

OMG Finally I can sit down and talk about somethings, I have been busy busy busy! Well lets jump right on into it lol. As I had mentioned in an earlier post mens fashion week was this past weekend, SO exciting! Although I am a season behind (dont worry I will be caught up very soon :-)) I am being blown away by this amazing stuff I am coming across for the mens spring collections I have so many faves from various designers such as; Philip Lim, Antonio Azzuolo, Christopher Kane (love the short shorts!!), Balenciaga, Balmain, James Long, and Henrik Vibskov just to name a few.
                 
            I am taking my notes as we speak on their fall collections so I will have that recapped and posted very soon. One of the trends I noticed among the collections was the short short which I LOVE if you have awesome legs, if not then its not going to be your best piece. Another was Ombre and of course color blocking, neutrals, nautical stripes, and animal print (mostly python). Thinking about what is in my closet right now im sure I have snagged some of these trends from a thrift store or two at some point. I love the risks menswear is taking maybe guys all over will pick up on some of these fashion movements, only time will telI. Pictures of my faves will be at the bottom.
               
       P.S.  Now its time for me to work on my collection. I am in the process of oredering some more supplies so I can get some more jewelry pieces made. I've been sketching for the past few weeks. When the new stuff is done I will be sure to let you know and get some pictures up, I cant wait to see my sketches come to life. Untill then I'm off to get inspired!

                                                                         PHILLIP LIM

 
 
                                                                                                           ANTONIO AZZOULO
                                                                                  BALENCIAGA




            
                                                                           BALMAIN


                                                                                               CHRISTOPHER KANE
                                                                                        HENRIK VIBSKOV


                                                                               JAMES LONG
                                                                              RICK OWENS


              -K.Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment