Thursday, February 16, 2012

Current Inspirations

          Hello fashion friends!!, I feel like I haven't posted in SO long. I have had a lot of fun since my last post being inspired by all types of things like my own S/S12 look all the way to design ideas for new jewelry pieces as well as elements for my sleeve (which i hope to be starting next month) that has been in the works for about a year now. I will definitely post pics of the whole process for that one, I think it will be AMAZING!! I also recently made a piece for my first serious customer and she absolutely loved it! I will try to get a picture of her actually wearing it on here soon for you guys.
         
          OK so as you know I am really interested in menswear especially when it pushes conventional gender norms and clothing styles. Rick Owens has really inspired to try the whole maxi skirt look so the other day I made a trip to the thrift store (my favorite place to shop) and found an awesome floor length pleated black one! and let me tell you I cannot wait to wear it somewhere, I will definitely post when I do. Another designer that has inspired some pieces in my wardrobe would be Hermes, the look of the collection was short shorts, thin turtlenecks, and gladiator-Esq sandals. The shorts were in a variety of colors and looked really good on the models. Even though they were shorter there was still this commanding Aura of masculinity which I loved. Of course I cant afford Hermes so I had to go elsewhere that being F21 and HM. I have a thing for leather so mine are cobalt and black in faux leather as well as pair of canary yellow ones from Banana Republic.

          And just a moment ago I was turned on to a designer by the name of Marques Almeida, Who has made these pants that take destroyed to a whole new level! I personally think that they could be really cool if done the right way. Cassie actually wore them for her 106 and park appearance and they looked really good on her. Although they were showcased on women for his SS12 collection I think the right guy (maybe myself) could definitely rock them effortlessly. We shall see!!

     K.Michael
Necklace made by me


Rick Owens SS12



Hermes SS12

Hermes


Marques Almeida SS12

Cassie in Marques Almeida


      

No comments:

Post a Comment