Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Passion........................Fashion!

        So yesterday I stepped back into it all............... My first day at my new job and although it took what seemed like decades I finally made it on the schedule! Now as many of you know I have this love/hate relationship with retail and vowed to never go back, well a bitch is back in the building and I'm not feeling bad about my decision. I think what I really meant by not going back was returning to a store and being a sales associate, which I am currently doing for the summer lol (hey I have to start this new plan off somewhere right?) . I can honestly say that the time that I took off has allowed me to think about my plans and explore my interests without the stresses of super-bitch clients, incompetent co-workers, and dysfunctional "professional" workplaces. I used to think that being able to dress the mannequins in a store all cute and shit was my golden ticket, Ya know what?? uh uh......

       Over the last year or so I've been trying to  navigate this competitive, brutally honest, and sometimes intimidating realm called........... the fashion industry. I've learned that I needed to know so much more than I did/do in order to really make it. I've done things that I never thought I would have done, which at times was overwhelming, in order to be lead to this clearer view of where I want to be. I say all this this to say, this fashion thing is what makes me tick and the happiest, because of this I have to keep at it even when Its easier to just walk away and stop because I'm burned out at the time.

     If something is your passion you have to fight to get in the door, and just know that you may not always come through the front door like other people have. You may have to start with navigating the catacombs or coming through the attic....... lord knows I'm still somewhere in one of these places.

BOTTOM LINE: Find your passion and go after it no matter what! I know it may sound cliché but its SO true!



FOLLOW ME!
Twitter- Only1Kmichael
Instagram- 1kmichael


*all photos are from Google images*


 

No comments:

Post a Comment