Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Just-us System

       Today I'm really bothered to even be writing a post like this but I really just need to. Its really fucked up to me that in the year 2013 we, a nation that claims equality and justice for all, have a court system that will allow a very guilty man off the hook, yet again, for following, assaulting, and then gunning down an unarmed kid because of his own assumptions. It is my opinion, you guys are free to disagree with me if you want, that race played a huge part in this verdict. Those crooked prosecutors can say what they want, Trayyvon responded how most people would respond if some stranger came after them in the dark, regardless of race, he tried to defend himself. How dare they make that coward appear to be the victim because he started to get his ass kicked.

     Although the country would like to paint black men as these wild and dangerous, law-breakers, Zimmerman had absolutely NO right to do what he did and should have been punished for it. You make adult decisions you deserve adult consequences. Its really fucked up that now a Mother and Father have to watch as the man who killed their child walks the streets as a free man. Its also fucked up that even with all the evidence presented a jury could find "reasonable doubt" with this case, I am very curious to hear what that was. I never wish bad things on anyone but I do know what goes around come around and in the end we all get what we deserve............... Justice has not been served.

FOLLOW ME!!
Twitter: Only1Kmichael
Instagram: 1kmichael

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Kam! I was in tears last night. I was so upset. I have an 18 year old brother and two who are younger and my heart completely sank when I heard the verdict. I feel like God knows something we dont... this isnt over. But I hope we as AA people come together and continue to fight for justice and equality. When we come together-- we are SO powerful, that was evident during the Civil Rights movement. We need that type of unity again.

    ReplyDelete